What is Emergence?
Emergence is Georgia's first Medical Business Accelerator, enabling entrepreneurs to build successful, Georgia-based MedTech, MDDS, and HIT companies, thereby creating jobs and developing the Georgia economy.
Have you been working on an innovative early-stage medical device, or health IT company? Perhaps it is a new division of an existing company?
Bring your company and a commitment to taking it to the next level, and we'll surround you with the experts, education, mentors, and access to capital to enable you to realize success.
Emergence works with companies beyond the "Incubator" stage, having:
- Filed patent application(s) and/or licensed protected intellectual property (required for medical device companies)
- A disruptive technology or significant advancement, which addresses a recognized patient, provider, or payer problem, having a sizable, defined market
- First or successive generation working prototype/demonstratable Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Significant customer discovery performed, with positive feedback, prefer trials in-process or revenue attained (including the ability to be selling and delivering product to
paying customers for its intended use within the 12-week Business Acceleration Program)
- Team of two or more dedicated persons
- Prior investment of cash and significant sweat equity
- Located in the Southeast, willing to come to Atlanta for the twelve-week bootcamp
- A keen desire to learn and work hard to become "investment ready" in 12 weeks